Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Debt Crisis

Evidently the place I was planning on using to host this blog was going to charge me $20 a month in order to host it.  That's a lot more money than free, so here we are Google blogger.

I did some research into Juicers originally, but on first look I just took the advice of Consumer Reports without going deep and researching which Juicer I should buy.  I eventually came to the conclusion that based on Consumer Reports,  I should get their Best Buy, Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor This ended up biting me in the ass because after talking to someone that actually did one of these juice fasts, I discovered that the Hamilton Beach juicer can yield 30 to 50% less juice than a Breville.  How is something that yields 30-50% less juice a best buy?!  Consumer Reports subscription cancelled.

Anyhow I did end up ordering a Breville which is on the way.  Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor.  It is four times as much as the Hamilton Beach, but in theory it should end up paying  for itself just based on the amount of juice that I will get.  Still I'm going to have one and probably two extra juicers in the future.

I'm also interested to find out how much this juice diet will cost.  I do already spend quite a bit on food (about $600-700/month).  I'm wondering will the complete elimination of meat from my diet result in a cheaper food bill.  I do think that I'm going to have to buy more food in order to make fruits in vegetables than normal in order to sustain this.  Don't worry though I'm going to keep good track of every dollar that I spend on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment