Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Last Supper

So this isn't my last meal, but it's getting pretty close. It's pretty bad when the waiter says it was a pleasure serving you, which I think can easily be attributed too the fact that I had absolutely no self control tonight and ordered $230 in food. Definitely the biggest food bill that I've ever had and it's pretty easy to do at Wave.
It was very tasty though. The meal started with the calamari, which was well cooked and seasoned and seared tuna. They also had a drink called the Ginza that was made with lychees. Lychees are pretty much my favorite fruit ever. That would be hands down the best reason to live in an Asian country. Then there was the Cobia and short ribs alongside the potatoes cooked in duck fat. I'm a sucker for all things braised.

I can't believe that I'm already only a couple of days away from beginning this fast. That's another reason why ordering every dessert on the menu have me no pause. Although they were all tasty I could have settled for just the passion fruit pana cotta. It had this ginger crumble and landed in that tangy sweet area that I love.

It is also almost time for those before pictures and measurements.  Don't worry I won't do like every diet commercial and have some drab photo where I look depressed next to happy fit me. I will smile in both.

These are my final indulgences. I can hear the juice whispering my name.






1 comment: