Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 11: Normalicy

It's hard to feel normal when you can't eat anything.  Just think of how many events and things we do with people that involves food.  Most of the time that food is also processed and very unhealthy.  Tonight I wanted to feel normal.  Just like an average person.  So I decided after my workout to go to my normal wine tasting (I did taste the wine but now swallowing-that's what she said).  It actually helps out that I'm limiting myself on TV.  I am starting to recognize how my addiction to TV was feeding my addiction to food.  There are so many fast food commercials that I fast forwarded past but now since I only get an hour of TV a day, I have to pay attention to when the commercial break starts so I can fit as much as my essential shows as possible.


Song of the Day: "Sitting, Wishing, Waiting" by Jack Johnson


Today I consumed:
  • Juice of:
    • Half A Pinapple
    • 3 Cactus Leaves
    • 3 Guava Fruits
    • 1 Orange
    • 3 Tangerines
    • 1 Parsnip
    • 6 oz Rasberries
    • 1 Meyer Lemon
    • 1 Orange
    • 1 Apple
    • 1/2 pound grapes
    • 2 Tomatoes
    • 1 Head of Broccoli
    • 1 Onion
    • 3 Handfuls of Kale
    • 3 Stalks of Celery




Psalm 136:17-18 AMP
To Him Who smote great kings, for His mercy  and  loving-kindness endure forever;  And slew famous kings, for His mercy  and  loving-kindness endure forever--

I just thought these verses were interesting because the beginning of these verses seems to oppose the ending.

5 comments:

  1. I love verses like that.

    remember, the Great Kings He smote, were evil, oppressive Kings. Like Egypt's Pharaoh, which the psalmist mentions earlier in that passage.

    A lot of worship songs come from that psalm I think. At least I recognize a lot of verses from that psalm that I've heard in worship songs.

    btw, looks like you've lost a lot of weight, if you don't make it to the end of this fast, nobody will judge you. You've already said you know it's not healthy so if you get to a weight that you're comfortable with, please don't starve yourself any longer than you have to. 'sall I'm sayin =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no ambitions of anorexia. Although I must say it is a pretty interesting prospect. Starvation gives you this high that is unlike any other lol jk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep enjoying your contemplative look at "normal" everyday behavior.
    I find that in the verses that are hard for me to understand, i dig deeper- so in turn they keep me in the Word.

    I respect your limitations on tv watching, as, in making a similar decision as you, i have gone about four years now without watching much tv. It's amazing the new ways I found to apply my spare time- I owe learning guitar to that, at the least.
    Encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good thats what she said. They are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally someone who notices the important things.

    ReplyDelete