Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 22-28: [Insert Title Here]

So it has been quite some time since I made a blog post so I decided to go ahead and make  a long one now.   This week started out on a huge low.  For some strange reason I started out this week massively depressed.  I couldn't tell you if it was a result of my new eating habits or the fact that I had worked so many days in a row by that time but it was just weird.  I usually get a lot more sleep when I work the night shift, but  for some reason or another I couldn't sleep.  One day because I had to make tons of random phone calls about getting my cell phone replaced that I lost, another day because I was woken up in the middle of my sleep time for them to deliver said phone.  Either way for quite some time I felt completely defeated.  It was like all of this (or anything I was doing for that matter)  didn't mean anything at all.


Fortunately those feelings were isolated to that day in particular and didn't continue on.  I did have the chance to go snowboarding and I am getting a lot better.  I think I'm going to get a helmet for next time because there is a lot of fear in my head right now for falling (although those instances are getting a little farther between each other).  It will also be the last time I go snowboarding directly after midnight shift.  I knew that I was too tired to be on that mountain when I almost fell asleep on the lift.  Pretty dangerous.  The odd thing was directly after that I  was so awake.  I drove home and was awake until 5 am the next morning.  That was like around 36 hours without sleep only to be awakened by my TV's delivery, and subsequently the mounts for my speakers.


While we're on the subject of home theater systems, I did indulge in some major spending (for the first time in forever this week too).  It was Wednesday night when I was getting ready to watch the State of the Union from the night before that I recorded.  When I turned on the TV,  all I got was this gray screen.  So I'm like maybe it's just the DirecTV box, so I changed the input to the Xbox to see if that would work and gray screen again.  Then I go to HH Gregg and spend $4400 on TVs, Surround Sound and Blu Ray players.  Impulse spending is still alive and well with me so I guess the economy isn't as bad as we thought.  The new stuff looks and sounds great though, but it also leaves me in kind of a conundrum for several reasons.  In order to watch Amazon Instant videos, I need the original TV remote, because I can't find the Viera Tools Option on my Harmony Remote.  Also the Harmony remote doesn't do a very good job with the inputs.  I also need the original remote for Google TV because of the keyboard.  DirecTV remote is still pretty useless, since almost every other remote I have controls DirecTV box pretty easy, but still I was at one remote and now I'm at 3 at a minimum.


There are only 13 Days remaining.


I decided to do a playlist since I was gone for so long, this is just a bunch of high energy songs that I listen to for workouts and was also what I was listening to while snowboarding.

Down With the Sickness Disturbed
Right In Two Tool
So Cold Breaking Benjamin
Spiders System Of A Down
The Package A Perfect Circle
Head Like A Hole Nine Inch Nails
No More Tears Ozzy Osbourne
Master Of Puppets Metallica
Wont Back Down Eminem
Ænema Tool
Man In the Box  Alice In Chains
Keep Your S*** the Hardest DMX
This Is The Hook Deadmau5
Weight of the World Evanescence
Neva Eva' Trillville
Killing In The Name Rage Against The Machine
Notorious Thugs The Notorious B.I.G.
No More Sorrow [Live] Linkin Park
Throw Some D's Rich Boy
Hitchin' a Ride Green Day
Candy Coated Shawnna Featuring Eightball & MJG
Inspector Gadget Chrispy
Hysteria Muse
Niggas in Paris Jay-Z and Kanye West
Cassie Flyleaf
Push that N****, Push that H** Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz
Thriller Fall Out Boy
Wipe Me Down FOXX
Heart In A Cage The Strokes


Over this time period I consumed:
  • 2 Large Baked Sweet Potatoes Pureed
  • 3 Handfuls Cilantro Pureed
  • 3 Cups Almond Milk
  • 1 Cup Coconut Milk
  • 2 Handfuls Frozen Mixed Berries Pureed
  • 1 Handful Mixed Greens Pureed
  • 6 Portabella Mushrooms Pureed
  • Half of a Large Roasted Acorn Squash Pureed
  • 1 Celery Stalk Pureed
  • 1 Pasilla Pepper Pureed
  • 1 Onion Pureed
  • 1 Naked Mango Protein Zone
  • 1 Naked Peach Mango Oat Smoothie
  • 1 Naked Blueberry Oat Smoothie
  • 1 Naked Apple Cinnamon Oat Smoothie
  • 2 Naked Berry Veggie
  • 1 Naked Green Machine
  • 1 Naked Mighty Mango
  • Juice Of:
    • 5 Parsnips
    • 6 Carrots
    • 6 Stalks of Celery
    • 4 Bell Peppers
    • 1 Zuchinni
    • 2 Cucumbers
    • 6 oz Blueberries
    • 1 Grapefruit
    • 3 Oranges
    • 4 Tangerines
    • 3 Handfuls of Kumquats
    • 3 Handfuls Spinach
    • 3 Handfuls Mixed Greens
    • 3 Apples
    • 2 Handfuls of Grapes


Daniel 1:8, 12-13, 15-16 NLT
But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods. “Please test us for ten days on a diet of vegetables and water,” Daniel said. “At the end of the ten days, see how we look compared to the other young men who are eating the king’s food. Then make your decision in light of what you see.” At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king. So after that, the attendant fed them only vegetables instead of the food and wine provided for the others.


These verses came at a good time and were rather inspiring considering that I'm currently fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment