Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3: I'm Having a Bad Day...

Does juicing make you inherently more accident prone?  Today has been one of the worst days ever. It started off pretty normal,  I woke up and went to the gym.  But as I was working out there was a strange and familiar smell in the air.  The aroma of salty cured and smoked pig belly frying in it's own fat.  The delicious smell of the champion of pork product, bacon.  If you were wondering as I was why the hell would the cafe in the gym be running a special on BLT's?  I don't know but it sure helps me to recognize that the food in the gym's cafe is only stuff that is masquerading as healthy.


Then I went home in a rush to prepare my food for work tonight.  I was making this juice combination that ended up turning out very tasty (Tomatoes Tomatillos Garlic Jalapeno and much more) and was heating it because it's pretty frigid outside.  When I put it in my thermos I wanted to avoid the debacle of yesterday when I left the thermos open causing my iPod to get all wet.  So there I am in the kitchen with a Thermos held upside down over my left hand checking for leaks.  All of a sudden the steam pressure builds up from the hot liquid inside, ejects the lid and there is hot juice everywhere.  Although I only suffered minor burns to my left hand, I still felt pretty silly about it.  Not to mention that it clicked into place that this is probably what happened yesterday and also is the reason why my iPod which worked fine yesterday is now completely dead.


Rounding out the day was the discovery that the way overtime is being assigned at work is changing in a manner that I only see as resulting in either more days at work.  Long story I don't really feel like getting into right now.


Song of the Day:  "Sad Statue" by System of a Down


Yesterday I consumed:
1/2 Head of Cauliflower Pureed
2 Cups Coconut Milk
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Banana Pureed
1/2 Cup Mixed frozen Berries Pureed
1 Serving Naked Protein
Juice of:
2 Sweet Potatoes
3 Stalks Celery
1 Pineapple
3 Oranges
2 inch piece of Ginger
2 Mangoes


1 Chronicles 16:8-12
8 Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.11 Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

No comments:

Post a Comment