Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 17: Requiem For a Lost Dog

For the first time in a  long time I got up for work, didn't have to worry about feeding a dog or letting him outside. I went straight from work to the gym.  It was pretty much an awesome day.  If I could give all that up to have my dog back home again I would in a heartbeat.  I a certain sense I kind of admire Bolt.  He is willing to put his freedom ahead ahead of everything including warmth, security and food.  In the meantime, most of the nation sits idly by as laws that bring us closer and closer to a police state are passed.  Like the recent  bill that gives the president the power to detain someone indefinitely.  Now they're trying to take away the internet.  Might as well be China.


Today I Consumed:

  • 1 Mango Pureed
  •  Strawberries Pureed
  • 8 Blackberries Pureed
  • 1.5 cups Coconut Milk
  • Juice of:
    • 1 Beet
    • 1/2 Bulb of Fennel
    • 1 Large Sweet Potato
    • 1 Orange
    • 3 Carrots
    • 2 Handfuls of Grapes
    • 3 Handfuls of Kale
    • 2 Cucumbers
    • 1 Bell Pepper
Song of the Day: "Dream Brother" by Jeff Buckley

Every now and then I come across a song where I feel like the guitar is just played perfectly and this is one.

Jeremiah 2:19-21
Your wickedness will punish you;
your backsliding will rebuke you.
Consider then and realize
how evil and bitter it is for you
when you forsake the Lord your God
and have no awe of me,"
declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty.
"Long ago you broke off your yoke
and tore off your bonds;
you said, 'I will not serve you!'
Indeed, on every high hill
and under every spreading tree
you lay down as a prostitute.
I had planted you like a choice vine
of sound and reliable stock.
How then did you turn against me
into a corrupt, wild vine?

No comments:

Post a Comment